Special TCA Event: Guided Walk in Davy Crockett National Forest
Time & Location
About the Event
Explore bottomland forest along Piney Creek and see the only population of Southern magnolias in Davy Crockett National Forest. Make conservation connections, meet new friends, and learn about TCA's work to save this magnificent area and nominate it as, "Piney Creek Conservation Corridor" with National Forest Service special management status.
- Meet at Oaklawn Baptist Church, 4.7 miles north of Groveton on Hwy 94.
- Internet access and mobile phone service could be spotty. Print directions beforehand and be prepared.
- Dress for the weather including shoes that can get muddy and long pants.
- Sunscreen, bug spray, a hat, and a reusable water bottle are advised.
- Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy in the forest.
- No bathrooms
10 AM - Arrive at Oak Lawn Baptist Church
10:15 AM - Orientation
10:30 AM - Depart for trailhead
10:45 AM - Arrive at trailhead
11:00 AM – 1:30 PM – Explore the forest with Larry and enjoy your brownbag lunch
1:30 PM - Return to trailhead and wrap up
2:00 PM - Depart