Sat, Nov 12|
Ray Roberts Lake State Park Isle du Bois
Take Action. Protect Wildlife at Ray Roberts Lake State Park Kayak Cleanup.
The number of participants is limited. Registration is required if you plan to attend this event.
Time & Location
Nov 12, 2022, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Ray Roberts Lake State Park Isle du Bois, Greenbelt Unit 455, 100 P W 4137, Pilot Point, TX 76258, USA
About the Event
Join TCA and the Ray Roberts Lake State Park on Saturday, November 12, to restore wildlife habitat. We will help restore habitat by kayaking through the Trinity River Elm Fork, removing litter along the way. Ray Roberts Lake is fed by the Trinity River and provides water for people and wildlife in North Texas. The lake provides habitat for many native fish, reptile, amphibian, invertebrate, and bird species including bald eagles that winter on the lake. Kayaks will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Walking along the shoreline is also an option.
Notes on the Location: The greenbelt unit is about 1 mile west on FM 455. Inputting "Ray Roberts Greenbelt Trailhead dam" in a GPS will lead you to the correct parking lot.
Kayaking Age Restrictions: Must be 16 or older to kayak alone and 8 or older to be in a tandem kayak with parent/guardian.
- Bring a a reusable water bottle, clothes and shoes that can get wet, and a lunch or snack since we will be ending around lunch time.
- Dress for the weather including hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, etc.
- If the weather is cold, the more layers the better.
- It is best to bring a towel and a change of clothes if you do not want to drive home wet.
- All participants will be required to sign a liability waiver prior to kayaking.
- Please arrive about 15 minutes early to ensure all waivers are signed to be able to start on time.
- Programs are subject to weather cancellation. If temperatures are below 40 F or severe weather is predicted, we will contact you regarding cancellation.